January 25th, 2017
All event registrations and dues payments will be made online. Fees and late fees are detailed below for each Blue Heron Lodge Event:
- 2017 Dues: $15. Late fee of $2 assessed after February 14th.
- Brotherhood Walk (can be selected at each Ordeal and at the Fall Fellowship): $20.
- Service and Ordeal #1 (March 17-19): $25 for members, $65 for candidates (includes dues). Late fee assessed after March 4th. Last Day to Register Online is March 12th.
- Service and Ordeal #2 (May 19-21): $25 for members, $65 for candidates (includes dues). Late fee assessed after May 6th. Last Day to Register Online is May 14th.
- Service and Ordeal #3 (August 25-27): $25 for members, $65 for candidates (includes dues). Late fee assessed after August 12th. Last Day to Register Online is August 20th.
- Fall Fellowship (October 20-22): $25. Late fee assessed after October 7th. Last Day to Register Online is October 15th.
- Holiday Banquet (December 9): $15. Late fee assessed after December 2nd. Last Day to Register Online is December 4th.
- Lodge Leadership Development Conference (December 9): $10. Late fee assessed after December 2nd. Last Day to Register Online is December 4th.
With online payment, there will be an option to pay by credit card or electronic check (e-check), with a minor fee of 3% of the registration fee being assessed to cover the costs of processing your payment and to pay for use of the new Tentaroo online registration system.
If you cannot access Tentaroo, please contact me (email@example.com).
Registering online is a simple process at: https://tidewater.tentaroo.com/
- Create your Tentaroo “Individual/Family” account (if you don’t already have one).
- Add yourself and others to your account. (They will be saved for registering future events)
- CAREFULLY read and follow instructions on each page to register and choose your classes or event options.
- Choose your payment option and submit your payment.
You will need the following information ready to make the process quick and easy:
- Full Name (same as on your ScoutNet / BSA membership account)
- Address / phone number
- BSA ID Number (your BSA membership
- Unit / Unit Position
- Email address
- Youth Protection training date (for those over 18)
We are looking forward to a great year full of excitement, service, and fellowship. Let’s Shoot for the Stars!
Yours in the Brotherhood of Cheerful Service,
Erich Roetz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
March 21st, 2016
Congratulations to the 30 new Brotherhood members who sealed their membership in the Order at the 2016 March Ordeal. The next available Brotherhood ceremony is at the second Ordeal on June 4.
2016 March Ordeal Brotherhood Ceremony
December 11th, 2015
We have another exciting year planned for the Blue Heron Lodge, but to get there, you must register!
The 2016 Event form and 2016 Dues form are available on the Forms page of this website. They are fillable PDF files that can be completed using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Or you can hand write it out. Either way, print that completed form and turn it in at the Council Office (1032 Heatherwood Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23455).
Checks can be made out to Tidewater Council, BSA. You can even pay for multiple events at one time! There are deadlines for each event and late fees will be assessed. Dues are $15 per member. There is a $2 late fee if the payment is made after February 14, 2016.
November 3rd, 2015
The 2016 dues form for members of Blue Heron Lodge is available from the forms page. This is an editable PDF – you can complete the form using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, print the completed form, and turn it in.
Dues are $15 and due by December 31, 2015. There is a $2 late fee if paid after February 14, 2016.
October 30th, 2015
Congratulations to the six Arrowmen who completed the Brotherhood ceremony at the Fall Fellowship. The next opportunity to earn the Brotherhood Honor will be at the March Ordeal.
October 12th, 2015
The Fall 2015 Drumbeat is published and available to download from the Drumbeat page. Check it out to find out the latest news from your chapter and about upcoming lodge events.
August 30th, 2015
Congratulations to the newest members of Blue Heron Lodge! 71 new Arrowmen completed their Ordeal this weekend.
We also welcomed 29 new Brotherhood members.
Congratulations and many thanks to all who attended the event!
May 17th, 2015
The 2015 May Ordeal was held at Pipsico Scout Reservation over the weekend of May 16. 98 new Arrowmen were inducted into the Order, 31 Arrowmen completed the Brotherhood Ceremony, and one Arrowman — Randy Daniel — became Blue Heron Lodge’s newest Vigil member, completing the Vigil class of 2014. Congratulations to all 130 of these brothers.
Brotherhood Ceremony – 31 members sealed their membership
Ordeal Ceremony #1
Ordeal Ceremony #2
Randy Daniel, Blue Heron’s newest Vigil member
Brotherhood Ceremonial Team – many thanks to Michael McGuckin from Nawakwa Lodge for helping out
Ordeal Ceremonial Team
Many thanks to Mr. Robbie Henderson for the ceremonial team’s new spear!
March 25th, 2015
A scanned PDF of our first lodge newsletter has been posted. Check it out! While you’re at it, check out some of the other historic Drumbeats we have posted courtesy of our Historian committee.
March 22nd, 2015
At the 2015 March Ordeal, twenty-five Arrowmen sealed their membership in the Order by earning the Brotherhood honor. Our lodge performed, for the first time, the new Brotherhood ceremony.
Thirty-five new brothers were welcomed into the Order of the Arrow Saturday night.
Congratulations to our new brothers and new Brotherhood members.